From traditional resource centers like the Libary and the Bookstore, to unique programs such as Investigative Studies and the ARC, Marietta offers several avenues for enhancing classroom learning.
In 2009, Marietta College unveiled its new Legacy Library. In addition to being a full-service library, the four-story, 53,000-square-foot building houses:
- An Informations Commons for technologically intensive research and scholarship, combining traditional reference desk services with support by Information Technology staff, and including technological capabilities for integrating newer media into student work
- The Chlapaty Cafe, a wi-fi equipped eatery open 24-hours a day
- The Worthington Center for Teaching Excellence, featuring experimental classrooms and support for innovative uses of technology in instruction
- Expansive space for Special Collections research and materials storage
- A Library Instruction Classroom
- Nine group study rooms
- Modern, efficiently organized staff work spaces
- Compact, movable shelving for the general book and periodical collections to maximize space available for other functions
The Marietta College Bookstore is a full-service campus shopping center providing new and used textbooks, as well as office and dorm supplies, computer products, graduation regalia, art supplies, Marietta College insignia clothing and gifts, and general reading books.
Marietta College also offers products online via the efollett.com network. Through secure and simple ordering, students and education professionals have access not only to books, but also to academic pricing on software, which can save you up to 75% off retail prices. Allowing customers to order books online means they can stay out of the back-to-school rush lines with preordering and home delivery. You can also view and order the coolest and latest Marietta College clothing right from our website!
By the way, if you're interested in the bookstore business or just need some spending cash, stop in and fill out a job application. We always need smart, creative and friendly student workers! The bookstore also offers paid internships for business students who wish to understand the retail industry. And if you're truly interested in your Marietta College Bookstore and wish to express opinions or suggestions, consider joining our Bookstore Advisory Board. It is a committee of students, administrators, and faculty members designed to give direct input into the bookstore's operations. The committee meets once each semester.
Academic Resource Center
The ARC strives to help students become better students by offering tutoring services, workshops and seminars.
Marietta College's Campus Writing Center provides a collaborative, supportive, and instructional environment where students work closely with peer tutors to strengthen their college-level writing skills. We are committed to fostering growth and understanding in the writer, not just in the paper.
The Senior Honors Program allows qualified seniors to specialize in their chosen field by working with faculty members on a senior thesis, for many a first step in work they will do either in their professional lives or in graduate school.
Launched in 1997, the mission of the Investigative Studies Program is to provide students with an opportunity to pursue their research and creative interests in a manner not found in a typical class setting, promote intellectual curiosity and stimulate creativity in students in an academic discipline or between disciplines, and foster a sense of learning, sharing and commitment with a community of scholars.