Eligibility and Application
- Pioneer Scholars by invitation Incoming Pioneer Scholarship recipients (at least a 3.25 GPA with an 1150 SAT or 25 ACT) are given a formal offer to apply to the Curriculum Honors Program.
- Current Marietta College Freshmen, by application: Marietta College freshmen who will enter the sophomore year with under 37 credit hours and a 3.50 or better overall GPA are eligible to apply in the spring semester prior to their sophomore year. Application is made to the Honors Program Director.
- Incoming Transfer Students, by invitation or application: Transfer students entering MC who fall under condition (3) above.
- The course work for Curriculum Honors consists of the following 15 hours taken over a three-year period, all counting toward completion of the college's general education requirements:
- First semester: Honors College Experience Seminar (HONR 101) and either Honors Literature (HONR 201) or Honors Communication (HONR 202) (6 credits).
- Second semester: HONR 201 or HONR 202 (3 credits).
- Students take 2 upper-division/300-level seminars any time prior to graduation, though preferably before the end of their junior year.
- To complete Curriculum Honors, students must maintain an overall GPA of 3.30 (3.00 for second semester freshmen only), and complete all four semesters of required course work.