Frequently Asked Questions
If we haven't answered your question, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 274-4704.
- Why are unrestricted gifts so important to Marietta?
- May I specify how my gift is used?
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
- Can I make my gift with a credit card?
- Where should I send a gift?
- What benefits will I receive from making a gift through my estate?
- How will making a planned gift help the College now if the money will not be available for many years to come?
- Can I make an anonymous gift?
- Can my gift support multiple areas at the College?
- When is the College’s fiscal year?
Why are unrestricted gifts so important to Marietta?Unrestricted gifts can be used wherever needs are greatest, allowing the College the flexibility to address its most pressing needs.
May I specify how my gift is used?Yes. You can specify which department, scholarship or specific fund you would like to receive your support.
Is my gift tax-deductible?Gifts to Marietta College are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Can I make my gift with a credit card?Yes. Marietta College accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover. You can make a gift with your credit card over the phone by calling (740) 376-4704.
Where should I send a gift?Office of Advancement
215 Fifth Street
Marietta OH 45750
What benefits will I receive from making a gift through my estate?You can receive a number of financial benefits by giving through your estate, depending on the type of gift made.
- Reduction of estate taxes
- Lifetime income
- Current income tax deduction
- Leave a legacy