Nine students make up Marietta's 2006 Homecoming royalty
Marietta College is pleased to announce that the 2006 Homecoming Court includes five queen candidates and four king candidates. All are seniors.
The winners will be announced at halftime of the Pioneers' football game with John Carroll on Saturday, Oct. 14. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. at Don Drumm Stadium.
In the past, the Homecoming candidates have been predominately from Greek Life organizations but the Office of Student Activities and Greek Life have encouraged more organizations to get involved. In 2005, the Charles Sumner Harrison Organization and Parsons Hall had candidates.
This year, the Charles Sumner Harrison organization will be participating in a number of Homecoming events, along with a few new organizations - Women's Basketball, Arts and Humanities Council and McCoy Hall.
This year's queen candidates are:
* Ashley Anderson, of Lowell, Ohio, was nominated by Sigma Kappa sorority. Anderson is the daughter of Mary and Myron Callihan of Lowell and Ben and Jennifer Anderson of Belpre, Ohio. She is majoring in business management and minoring in studio art. She is a member of Kappa Pi (art honorary) and is executive vice president of Sigma Kappa along with being a Pan-Hellenic Rho Gamma. She also works for the Marietta College financial aid office.
Escort: Matthew Anderson
* Katie Chadwell, of Georgetown, Ohio, was nominated by women's basketball. Chadwell, the daughter of Kathy and Tim Chadwell of Georgetown, is majoring in organizational communication along with a minor in art and a certificate in leadership. She is a member of women's basketball, women's tennis, and Alpha Lambda Delta (freshman honorary). She is also vice president of Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and vice president of communication for Student Alumni Council.
Escort: Tim Chadwell
* Ashley Deas, of Berlin Center, Ohio, was nominated by Alpha Xi Delta sorority. Deas, daughter of Sue and Douglas Deas of Berlin Center, is majoring in graphic design and minoring in advertising and public relations with a certificate in Leadership. She is a member of Kappa Pi (art honorary), VOICE and was an orientation leader. Deas is also the public relations vice president for Alpha Xi Delta and vice president of College Union Board.
Escort: James Plummer
Alumni escort: Jana Life
* Rachel Forman, of Caldwell, Ohio, was nominated by Chi Omega sorority. Forman, the daughter of Leslie and Thomas Forman of Heath, is majoring in psychology and minoring in religion with a certificate in Leadership. She is a member of track and field, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and Pan-Hellenic Council.
Escort: Benjamin Forman
Alumni escort: Anna Bock
* Heather Keith, of Columbus, Ohio, was nominated by the Arts and Humanities Council. Keith, the daughter of Mitzi and Harlow Keith of Columbus, is majoring in musical theatre. She is a member of theatre, concert choir, chamber singers and Alpha Psi Omega (drama honorary). She is also women's choir president.
Escort: Dan May
Alumni Escort: Kristy Boyd
This year's king candidates are:
* Thomas Fogle, of Caldwell, Ohio, was nominated by Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. Fogle, son of Joyce and Donald Fogle of Caldwell, is an English major.
Escort: Joyce Fogle
Alumni escort: Will Fogle
* Craig Gliva, of Brunswick, Ohio, was nominated by McCoy Hall. Gliva, son of Patricia and Ed Gliva of Brunswick, is a management major and a marketing and sports management minor. He is a member of choir, men's choir, McCoy Hall Council and is a resident assistant in McCoy Hall.
Escort: Mallory Doup
* John Kitson, of Parkersburg, W.Va., was nominated by Delta Tau Delta International Fraternity. Kitson, the son of John and Deveda Kitson of Parkersburg, is majoring in marketing and advertising and public relations with a minor in leadership studies and management information systems.
* Nick Reiter, of Waterford, Ohio, was nominated by Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. Reiter, son of Cheryl and Albert Reiter of Waterford, is an allied health major. He is involved with the campus radio station, WMRT-FM.
Escort: Gretchen Pawloski
Alumni Escort: Patrick Quinn