Nonprofits LEAD conducting annual conference May 4
Marietta College’s McDonough Center for Leadership and Business will host the 2016 Nonprofits LEAD Annual Conference on Wednesday, May 4.
Running from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., the capacity building conference will host staff, donors, board members, volunteers, community member, funders and supporters of non-profit organizations.
“This is our sixth annual nonprofit conference,” said Heather Eichner, Marietta College’s Nonprofits LEAD Program Director. “The purpose of the event is to provide space for people working in and supporting nonprofit and community organizations to come together to learn, network, and support one and other.”
Through workshops and a keynote speech, participants will explore ways to build meaningful, powerful and productive relationships.
“We are happy to have Rebekah Mathis-Stump from Ethos Leadership Group, LLC as our keynote speaker this year,” Eichner said. “She will be highlighting this year’s theme of building purposeful relationships to have successful organizations.”
Mathis-Stump will discuss identifying the challenges one may have in building purposeful relationships along with learning how to develop long-term, mutually beneficial relationships that are founded on trust, authenticity and integrity.
Participants will also be able to attend up to four workshops.
“This year, the conference has a diverse offering of workshops running from volunteer management and organizational culture to financial oversight and donor development to generational differences and work-life balance,” Eichner said.
- Becoming a Person of Influence
- Let’s Work Together! Building Purposeful Partnerships
- Nonprofit Legalities: What you need to know about the law and your nonprofit
- Using Program Outcomes to Increase Funding Results
- Building and Improving Relationships through Assertive Conflict Resolution
- Building Relationships Online
- Leveraging Local Partnerships for State and National Funding
- Volunteer Management: Recruit, Orient, Involve, Appreciate, and Retain
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Crossing Generational Divides
- Finance for a Non-Profit Agency
- Relationships Matter: Building Donor Retention for Your Organization
- Designing a Healthy Nonprofit Culture is Do or Die
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail: Time Management and Work-Life Balance
- Financial Management and Board Best Practices
How does the Fair Labor Standards Act Affect Nonprofits?
The cost to attend the full-day conference is $50. The half-day conference price is $30.
You can register for the conference at: https://mcdonough.wufoo.com/forms/nonprofit-capacity-building-conference/
For more information, contact Heather Eichner, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-376-4559.