Omicron Delta Epsilon
About Omicron Delta Epsilon(ODE)
Omicron Delta Epsilon is the International Honor Society in Economics. Its objectives are to:
- Confer distinction for high scholastic achievement in economics.
- Stimulate and promote student interest in all aspects of economics.
- Publish an official journal to be entitled The American Economist.
- Sponsor the Fisher-Taussig Award Competition.
The Marietta College Chapter was established in 1972.
Membership in the Society is open to all those eligible without regard to sex, race, color, creed, or national origin. Undergraduate membership shall consist of those who are making the study of economics one of their major interests and who are attending an institution where a chapter is located.
The minimum qualifications for undergraduate membership are:
- Junior standing or higher. Student must be in residence at least one semester.
- Twelve semester hours of economics with an average grade of at least a B.
- A general average of at least a B and a class standing in the upper one-third.
New members at Marietta College are inducted every Spring semester.
Applications for admission can be obtained through Dr. Greg Delemeester (room 118, Thomas Hall) or the B&E Department secretary.
National Site: http://www.omicrondeltaepsilon.org/
Last updated: 5-February-2013, B&E Department webmaster