Get Started! - Specific Resources for Current Marietta College Students
Here are some of the primary career tools you have access to as a Marietta College Student. If you are having trouble using these resources, please contact the Career Center at 740-376-4645.
Marietta College is committed to bringing you the best resources available to help you in your job search. CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the #1 request of job seekers: an easy to use web site to conduct and organize their job search.
CareerShift's set of tools and applications provide a very unique opportunity to job hunters. While other web services provides bits and pieces of the job hunt process, only CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together to crack the "hidden job market" and for managing the job hunt all in one place. With CareerShift, you can:
- Search, store & record job listings at all publically posted websites, company websites, and newspapers.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Upload/ Copy and Paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with Career Services to create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded. In MY CALENDAR, you can keep notes, and set reminders for follow-ups.
- Access your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
- Register for Career Center services & upload your resume into College Central so that it can be critiqued
- Search for part time jobs, internships, summer jobs, campus jobs and full time jobs in College Central which houses the information that the Marietta College Career Center hears about. This is your connection to Marietta College employers and campus recruiting.
- Search for internships and summer jobs in Internships.com, a searchable database of opportunities all over the US and beyond.
- Search for internships and summer jobs in Interninohio.com, a searchable database of opportunities all over Ohio
- Search for jobs all over the country requiring yourliberal arts college degree in Liberal Arts Jobs.
(Please email the Career Center for the User Name and Password to access these newsletters.)
- Search for jobs and internships all over the country requiring a college degree in NACElink
- Search for jobs in finance, accounting, investment banking, management consulting using Onewire.com.
Be sure to check out other useful websites particular to different industries, by visiting viewing Resources by Major.
If you’re interested in doing industry and/or company research or you’d like to find out what it’s like to get hired and/or work for certain companies/industries, check out Glassdoor.com.
- Utilize FOCUS, our online interactive career assessments to learn more about how your skills, interests, and values correlate to different occupations.
If you already have a Focus Account, Click Here to Login
New to Focus? Register today! (Access code is: pioneers)
- Use What Can I do with this Major? to discover how careers relate to different academic majors. Great tool to begin brainstorming your options and to compare and contrast different paths you may be considering. The tool also provides links to other internet resources related to the particular majors/careers mentioned.
If you’re concerned about "money matters" and want to know how to organize your finances and your career direction, utilize Cash Course.
Cash Course contains all sorts of helpful information and practical tips for managing personal finances, and is available for use by both Alumni and undergraduates.