Specific Resources for Marietta College Alumni
Whether you’re an alumnus/na who is:
- Interested in career services provided free of charge for yourself;
- Interested in recruiting a MC student/graduate for your organization;
- Interested in sharing your time, expertise to provide career-related advice to current students;
...the Career Center is here to serve/partner with you.
Networking is often said to be the best way to find a job, and although we have an extensive online alumni community (Pioneernet) available to assist, it is an information network -- not a job or internship placement service. This program is coordinated through the Alumni Office.http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/MRO/homepage.cgi
Career Opportunities for Alumni
Coming soon, the Career Center will post jobs tailored for our more experienced Alumni.
Don't forget to check out Marietta College's Alumni Services page.
How you can help the Career Center
Below you will find a link to a brief survey conducted by the Career Center to ascertain
the outcomes of Marietta College graduates.
This information will be useful in recruiting new students and helping current students plan their educational and professional futures. Private corporations, admissions data collection services, parents, and government agencies request this career progression information from the Career Center.
We appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and value your privacy. Please don't hesitate to contact Hilles Hughes, Director of Career Services, (740-376-4480, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Learn, Earn, Return:
Top 10 Ways to Give Back to MC that don’t involve $$
- Visit a class and share your career story and world of work advice.
- Share internship and job leads from your organization and professional networks with the MC Career Center.
- Serve as an ambassador for a MC student by offering relocation assistance and advice concerning your current location/city of residence.
- Conduct an informational interview with a student over the phone or in person to give them a better idea of your career field.
- Help prepare students for employment interviews by offering to conduct a mock interview over the phone or in person.
- Critique a Résumé for a student who is interested in your profession.
- Participate in our alumni spotlight by sharing your career story and photo for the MC Career Center web site.
- Agree to serve as a mentor for a student sharing wisdom about college, career, graduate school, leadership, etc.
- Wear your MC paraphernalia and hand out Career Center business cards to professionals who may have internship and job leads.
- Spread the good word about Marietta College to everyone, wherever you are!