Do NOT use this page to submit information on emergencies or crimes in progress.
Instead, dial 911 to report this information!
Marietta College Police Department Complaint Against and Officer Processing Procedures
Complaints received by the Marietta College Police Department against a member of the department are processed in the following manner:
- Complaints may be made in person, by telephone, or in writing.
- Citizen complaints which may involve routine disciplinary action are normally referred to the accused employee's Supervisor for investigation.
- Citizen complaints which allege criminal violations or other substantial violations shall be referred to the Chief of Police, or the Chief's designee, for assignment to investigate the complaint.
- The Supervisor receiving the complaint shall document the complaint in writing on the Departmental Complaint Report and promptly forward it to the Chief of Police or his designee.
- When applicable, the Supervisor receiving the complaint may attempt to resolve a complaint during the initial contact with the complainant or may delegate such action to the supervisor of the person involved.
- The Supervisor receiving the complaint will provide the complainant written notification of receiving the complaint and a description of the Departmental complaint process.