What is the procedure to study abroad?
- Every student interested in studying abroad must meet with the Programs Assistant first and discuss study abroad options.
- Browse the materials in the study abroad library (Thomas 214) or search on-line. Because application fees are non-refundable, we suggest that students narrow down program possibilities and apply to their top one or two choices.
- Students must meet with their Academic Advisor during the application process. This allows students to be aware of courses and credits they need for their major/minor/certificate/internship.
- As mentioned in the cost section, financial aid is transferable during the semester. If you choose to study in the summer, be mindful that some programs offer scholarship opportunities but that you cannot use any scholarships or grants used at Marietta College. We advise students to sit down with a representative from Financial Aid to look at all of your direct and indirect costs.
- Once accepted into a program, students must complete the Marietta College Off-Campus Study Application (available in the Office of Education Abroad). As part of this application, students must get course approval from the department chair and their advisor.
There is a Study Abroad Fair every Spring semester open to all students. News about this event will be posted under the News tab of this website.