Planning Your Study Abroad Budget
How much does it cost?
Cost is always an important subject, especially for study abroad. You will want to pay particular attention to what each program includes in the total cost.
Things to look for include:
- Is there a meal plan?
- Do I have to pay for meals?
- Do I need additional insurance?
- Is the airfare included?
- Are designated excursions included in the general fee?
- What is the exchange rate like?
- What is the overall cost of living?
- Am I in an urban, semi-urban or rural community?
- Are supplies and books included?
- Do I have to pay for a cell phone or internet?
- Is there public transportation and what does it cost?
- Can I walk to class?
These questions are to get you thinking about potential costs. You will want to budget in spending money for things like food, travel, souvenirs and gifts. All education-related expenses will be included in the calculation of your financial aid package.