What is the procedure to study abroad?
- Every student interested in studying abroad must complete a Preliminary Study Abroad Questionnaire.
- Begin to think about where and when you want to go. Schedule an appointment with Christy Burke, Director of International Programs, to talk about your options and to review the Study Abroad Checklist.
- Browse the materials in the study abroad library (Thomas 221) or search on-line. Because application fees are non-refundable, we suggest that students narrow down program possibilities and apply to their top one or two choices.
- We advise students to review their plans with the academic advisor and meet with Dr. Danford, Academic Advisor for Study Abroad.
- As mentioned in the cost section, financial aid is transferable during the semester. If you chose to study in the summer, be mindful that some programs offer scholarship opportunities but that you cannot use any scholarships or grants used at Marietta College. We advise students to sit down with a representative from Financial Aid to look at all of your direct and indirect costs.
- Once accepted into a program, students must complete the Marietta College Off-Campus Study Application (available in the Registrar’s Office). As part of this application, students must get course approval from the department chair and/or their advisor.