Resources for Parents
International Programs Services
An overseas experience can expand your child’s perspective about the world, his/her academic discipline and career options. It is also an opportunity for them to grow as individuals, learn independence, communicate and learn from people of another culture.
Our goal is to assist your child in planning for that experience. We guide your child through the process and encourage them to think about many different aspects of an overseas experience such as housing and meal options, urban vs. rural placement and the cost of living, and program amenities and offerings. We also:
- Help your child search and select a program
- Guide them through the study abroad application process
- Advise them on course selection
- Aid in reviewing the transfer process
- Provide information on passport and visa regulations
- Evaluate potential costs
- Provide resources on financial grants and scholarships
- Encourage students to speak with various offices on campus that have a role in your students study abroad experience (Financial Aid, Registrars, Residence Life, Business Office and academic departments)
Many programs offer assistance for travel arrangements, visas and housing options. We help your students contact a program representative.