The Physical Plant provides maintenance, repair, and construction services for operation of facilities, grounds, utility services, and other related functions that support the academic, administrative, residential, and recreational areas of Marietta College. Its staff maintains and repairs campus facilities and grounds in an efficient and economical manner, promoting a safe, clean, aesthetically pleasing campus environment, in continuous support of Marietta College's students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Department Areas within the Physical Plant include:
- Building Services
- Fleet Transportation
- Grounds Services
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Maintenance (Work Order) Requests & Building Coordinators
Building Coordinators have been assigned to each Academic, Administrative, and Residence Hall building to act as a primary point of contact. Building Coordinators also serve as a liaison to the Physical Plant for routine, emergency, and construction, Maintenance (Work Order) Requests.
ACADEMIC & ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDINGS:
To REPORT an Academic and Administrative Maintenance (Work Order) Request, you may either Contact your Building Coordinator or submit a work request via the A-Z Index on the College’s Home Page (Click “M” for Maintenance Requests) or type www.marietta.edu/~cs in your browser’s address bar and follow instructions.
To REPORT an Emergency Maintenance (Work) Request (i.e. loss of electricity, no heat, water leaks, or situations that impact the safety and security of the occupants and the building) contact the Physical Plant at (740)376-4790 Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. After hours, contact Marietta College Police Department at (740)376-3333.
|Admission House||Cheryl Howell||x4600|
|Andrews Hall||Ellen Wehrman||x4465|
|Bartlett Rickey Science||Andrea Richardson||x4750|
|Brown Petroleum||Laura Pytlik||x4775|
|Career Center||Natalie Wood||x4645|
|College Police||Sonia Moore||x4611|
|Dyson-Baudo Recreation Center||Dash McNeal||x3243|
|Erwin Hall||Billie Huck||x4794|
|Gathering Place||Ellen Wehrman||x4465|
|Gilman Dining Services||Michelle Schilling||x4786|
|Hermann Fine Arts Center||Pamela Gordon||x4696|
|Irvine Administration||Nancy Schwendeman||x4718|
|Legacy Library||Doug Anderson||x4758|
|McDonough Center||Christy Hockenberry||x4624|
|McKinney Mass Media||Joyce Pennington||x4802|
|Mills Hall||Elaine Addis||x4974|
|Physician Assistant Bldg||Donna Venham||x4458|
|Selby Hall, Rickey Science, Planetarium||Andrea Richardson||x4750|
|Thomas Hall||Angela Stevens||x4647|
|Thomas Hall||Paula Lewis||x4633|
Student Residence Halls
To REPORT a Residence Hall Maintenance (Work Order) Requests, submit a work request via the Quick Links Tab of the College’s Home Page (Click on Maintenance Requests) or type www.marietta.edu/~cs in your browser’s address bar and follow instructions.
To Report an Emergency Maintenance (Work) Requests (i.e. loss of electricity, no heat, water leaks, or situations that impact the safety and security of the occupants and the building) contact the Physical Plant at (740)376-4790 Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. After hours, contact Marietta College Police Department at (740)376-3333.
|Residence Hall||Community Coordinator|
|A&H House||Joseph Hohman|
|Dorothy Webster||Glenn Richards|
|DTD House||Joseph Hohman|
|Elsie Newton||Glenn Richards|
|Fayerweather Hall||Joseph Hohman|
|Harmar House||Joseph Hohman|
|Harrison Hall||Amanda Mullen|
|Hopewell House||Joseph Hohman|
|Marietta Hall||Laura Jacob-Knobel|
|McCoy Hall||Glenn Richards|
|Pioneer House||Joseph Hohman|
|Russell Hall||Branden Chambers|
After normal business hours emergencies contact Marietta College Police Department at (740)376-3333.
In the event of an after-hours emergency requiring the response of the Physical Plant, the following procedures are in effect:
- Definition of an EMERGENCY requiring after hours response: hazard with potential for injury; corrective action required to minimize damage to facilities, equipment, or property; loss of critical electrical, water or sanitary service; hazard to health of personnel. Loss of a single shower, toilet, or sink where alternative facilities are available or loss of heat when temperatures are above 60F is not normally an emergency.
- Only recall personnel for true emergencies that can not wait until the next working day. For safety of our personnel, it is preferable that emergency work be performed during daylight hours if at all practical.
- Only Marietta College Police Department (MCPD) shall initiate after hours recalls. Recalled personnel shall check in and check out with MCPD.
- Only MCPD, Faculty, Staff, and Community Coordinators may initiate after hours recalls via MCPD.
- MCPD may directly call the trade or staff best able to address the emergency. Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) duty personnel are on call by pager primary) and cell phone (secondary) if the required trade can not be contacted. If unable to contact the tradesman, or HVAC, contact the Associate Director, Director, or Assistant Director in that order.
- Physical Plant personnel responding to the emergency shall check in with MCPD, address the emergency and restore service if possible, ask MCPD to call the Office of Community Living staff member on duty so that the Physical Plant personnel can report repair status directly to the Office of Community Living. If service can not be restored, the Physical Plant personnel shall call the Physical Plant Associate Director, Director or Assistant Director.
- If snow or ice accumulate to the point that conditions are unsafe, MCPD shall call Supervisor of Grounds who shall recall appropriate personnel. If Supervisor of Grounds is unavailable, then either the Director or Associate Director. Generally speaking, if the actual or forecasted accumulation is two inches by early morning then snow removal will start at 4:00 am. For more significant accumulation after normal working hours, snow removal will start when approximately two inches have accumulated.
Complete the request form and mail or fax to (740)376-4409, Physical Plant, attention Cindy Nutter at least five business days prior to the event.
- We recommend you follow-up with a confirming phone call.
- Events are supported on a first-come first-serve basis. The requesting department must make the facility reservations.
- At this time the college has a limited supply of tables and folding chairs. If the tables and chairs are in use by others, then the requesting department will have to arrange for and pay for rentals; Physical Plant will assist with determining the rental quantities, drop-off and pick-up locations.
- Any help that groups can provide with set-up and tear down will be appreciated.
Department chairs and directors can authorize most key requests. For more information contact the Physical Plant Office at x4790. Key Control Policies and Forms are available below: