Dialing Into the Internet
For Existing Dialup Users (Windows XP)
You may change to the new dialup system by simply changing your existing dialup connection.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows, you may change your dialup settings by double-clicking your current dialup connection (as if you were going to connect).
- Replace the phone number with one of those found below.
- Add @marietta.edu to the end of your username.
- Click Dial.
- Windows will ask if you want to permanently save the changes. Click Yes.
As a cost reduction measure and to insure that we are able to continue providing access to our users, we have reduced the number of ports to 3. Based on historical data, this should accommodate usage for 97% of the time. However, on the rare occation that all of our ports have been used, you will not recieve a busy signal, but will instead get an "Error 961". This indicates that all ports are in use. There is no need to contact the helpdesk when this error is seen. Please be assured that we get reports whenever this error is seen.
Local Dialup numbers
The following is a list of local dialup numbers.
- Some cities have multiple numbers listed. In these cases, it may be advisable to test each number listed to obtain the highest connection speed.
- Please check with your phone company if you are unsure what numbers are within your local calling area.
|New Matamoras||OH||(740) 807-4088|