The McDonough Center will be hosting a second INFORMATION SESSION for its SUMMER 2018 trip to Costa Rica and Belize at 10:00 p.m., Thursday, October 5th, in McDonough Gallery (third floor).
Travel to Central America and learn about conservation and leadership. The LEAD 350 course can be used to meet the Leadership Minor and Major study abroad requirements. Come meet with the professors and learn more about this opportunity.
On the trip you will:
- Meet with leaders in international conservation organizations, local groups and local people
- Swim on a coastal reef, hike through rainforests, and visit Mayan ruins
- Study the ways that leaders work with followers within their culture to achieve the goal of ecological conservation
- Travel with guest professor Benjamin Redekop, the author of Leadership for Environmental Sustainability
- Perform a service project focused on environmental conservation
COST: $3000 for 21 Days
Includes: round-trip airfare; ground transportation within countries; room & board (three meals a day); excursions; entry fees and departure taxes. This total does not include the cost of three (3) credit hours at Marietta College.
Tentative dates: May 8 through 29, 2018
OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS