The nomination deadline for Perry & Associates 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year Award has passed. Nominees and nominators will be notified of their nomination’s status by September 22, 2017.
The winner of the award will be publicly announced at the Mid-Ohio Valley Entrepreneurial Expo on September 29 at Marietta College.
It is never too early to start thinking about nominating yourself or someone else for the 2018 award.
The nominee must
- Be an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur is a person that recognizes and seizes the opportunity to create a marketable product or service
- Be actively engaged in the promotion, sales, management and operations of a business that encompasses the entrepreneurial product or service.
- Reside and work in the Mid-Ohio Valley (Wood, Wirt, Tyler, Roane, Pleasants, Ritchie, Jackson, Calhoun counties in West Virginia) or (Washington, Noble, Monroe, Morgan, Athens, Meigs, and Gallia counties in Ohio).
An independent panel of five judges will review and evaluate applications using the following seven criteria.
- The nominee lives and works in the Mid-Ohio Valley.
- The nominee is in charge of the day-to-day management of the product.
- The nominee provides a valuable good or service to the residents of the Mid-Ohio Valley. Examples include, but are not limited to
- Creating new jobs,
- Providing necessary services,
- Providing new technology,
- Providing creative solutions,
- Filling unmet needs.
- The nominee has demonstrated perseverance in the face of adversity and has overcome obstacles and challenges.
- The nominee has taken personal and financial risks and made sacrifices.
- The nominee has demonstrated creativity and innovation in the development and implementation of the product, service or organization.
- The nominee has given back to community or contributed to philanthropic organizations.
2016 Entrepreneur of the Year — Lisa Huck
Meet Lisa Huck, the recipient of the 2016 Perry and Associates Entrepreneur of the Year Award