Name: Marilee Morrow
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Media Studies
Education: Master of Communication Studies, West Virginia University, 2001; Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications, Ohio University, 1991
Research Interests: International media systems, ownership, regulation and cultural policy; advances in television/radio technology and application in industry; media legal/ethical frameworks; impact of the Olympic Games on broadcast technology, staffing, processes/workflows, content and perceptions of quality; the genres of and comparative analysis of global news coverage; practice of media production
- “MomsEveryday,” freelance write, produce and host special, two-minute-long television interview segments, which play each weekday morning, Gray Television, Mid-Ohio Valley NBC affiliate WTAP-TV (and related Web content), fall 2010 to present
- Visiting Professor, summer workshop/class, “Best Practices for Professional Success: Effective Communication Strategies and Tactics for Western Environments, The University of International Relations, Beijing, China, June 2014
- “Korographics Printable Digital Wallcovering Media,” Korographics training video, voice over update and graphics updates/rebranding, May/June 2014
- “Best Practices for Broadcasters: Effective Communication Behaviors for Western Audiences (geared toward non-Western participants),” East-West Center, International Media Conference, Challenges of a Free Press, Yangon, Myanmar, March 10-12, 2014
- “What Makes The Chinese Media Market Different And Related Issues?” Media Studies Capstone Presentation, Oct. 2013
Courses (Fall 2014): Video Production II; Desktop Publishing; Broadcast Journalism
Courses (Spring 2015): Video Production I; Corporate Video; Mass Media Capstone
Phone: (740) 376-4828
What can a student expect when taking one of your classes?
I want to get to know my students and understand their professional goals. Students can expect a high level of interaction in my classes.
What excites you about teaching at Marietta College?
I LOVE our small classes. EVERYONE gets to be an active participant!
When you aren’t teaching, what other activities do you enjoy?
My husband and I have three kids, so we do a lot of active, kid-oriented stuff. While things can be extremely busy at times, we are usually doing something that’s fun. Life is NEVER dull!
Do you prefer flipping through the pages of a book or an e-book?
Either! I love to read!
What is your favorite location on campus and why?
The McKinney Media Center is my favorite location on campus. It’s exciting to see students apply what they’re learning and witness immense professional development!
What is your favorite Marietta College event?
The first day of classes!