The W.W. Mills Society recognizes and honors donors who annually donate to The Marietta Fund and/or Pioneer Club to support the College's operational needs.
An 1871 graduate and President of First National Bank, William Webster Mills served the College for 43 years as a trustee, secretary and treasurer. In an eight-year period in the 1900s, he personally contributed almost half of what was needed to erase the College's budget deficit. He had a significant role in raising the money needed to build the College's first self-contained library, which is now the Irvine Administration Building. He and his brother, John, also donated a home in honor of their mother, Dorothy Webster Mills. It became the first women's dormitory at Marietta. President Edward S. Parsons in 1932 said of W.W. Mills:
"He has stood by the College with supreme loyalty. If it had not been for his belief in it and his exertions in its behalf, it would probably not be here today. He gave to it in his prosperous years [and] when his income was limited. [He often] subscribed when he did not know where the money was coming from to meet his subscription."
Membership to the Mills Society is granted each year, at the appropriate level, to donors and friends who contribute to the Marietta Fund and/or Pioneer Club during that particular fiscal year. Fiscal years encompass an annual period from July 1 to June 30. All donors who contribute to the Mills Society will be included in the yearly Honor Roll.
The Giving Levels of The Mills Society
President's Circle Membership Levels
|$10,00 – $24,999||Founders|
|$5,000 – $9,999||Fellows|
|$3,000 – $4,999||Scholars|
|$1,835 - $2,999||Cornerstone|
President's Circle members receive special benefits, including:
- Concierge service - your personal connection to Marietta College can provide information, personalized tours, and more upon your request;
- 10% off purchases at the Marietta College bookstore
- A free drink at Chlapaty Café (located in the Legacy Library)
- Insider Updates - connect with College leadership and receive in-depth information about the impact of your gifts;
- Special Event considerations - receive invitations to special President's Circle and other VIP (Very Important Pioneer) opportunities, and enjoy priority seating at select College events and programs;
- Visibility - in addition to special recognition at events, your name will be proudly displayed on the current President's Circle Member Screen in Irvine Hall.
(Some restrictions apply. Please contact your personal concierge or the Office of Advancement at 740.376.4709 or firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of these benefits.)
Cornerstone Membership Levels for the Young Pioneers Network (graduates in the last decade)
|$1.000||6 - 10 years|
|$500||1 - 5 years|
Navy Blue and White Society
|$250 – $1,834||Navy Blue and White Society|
|< $250||Other Generous Donors|
All Mills Society members receive the following benefits:
- Listing in the annual Donor Honor Roll
- Invitations to campus events as well as regional events
For more information on The Mills Society, please contact us at 740.376.4709 or email@example.com.