"Before I got to school, I thought the main focus was on academics. I've found that only about 30 percent of my time at college is actually spent working on/worrying about the academics. The other 70 percent of the time at college is spent dealing with life. You simultaneously come to a point where you realize you have the power to carve the life you want to live, and you get to decide what that life looks like. You also uncover parts of yourself that you were afraid of before. Marietta College is giving me the platform to feel comfortable with myself and who I am."

November: Thanksgiving


November is definitely my favorite month because who doesn’t love Thanksgiving? I have so much to be thankful for as this year comes to a close.

If you check out my newest video, you’ll see that five music therapy students have been given the opportunity to attend the American Music Therapy Association Conference in Dallas, Texas. What an experience!

I am so grateful for my amazing Marietta experience so far thanks to my professors and the awesome alumni and friends that give so that we can have the best education possible. Thanks to that support, our Board of Trustees has voted to freeze tuition for another year!

We are truly blessed to have these opportunities and I am thankful for my Marietta family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Click here to tell Sadie what you're grateful for. Click here to make a gift in her honor.

October: Homecoming!


Homecoming! My favorite time of the year! Click on my video to meet my friend Michael. He’s also a music therapy major and is on the men’s crew team.

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks with homecoming and running for homecoming queen... oh yeah! I forgot to tell you - I ran for homecoming queen because, why not?! Sadly, I didn’t win, but I had a blast participating and competing through our new music therapy club, Student Pioneers of Music Therapy.

I also LOVED getting to see all of the alumni back on campus. I had so much fun hearing stories of shenanigans from back in the day. Some of my highlights were partying with the class of ‘68 (and yes, they’ve still got it!), performing in the newly renovated Gathering Place and seeing familiar faces as well as making new memories.

If you weren't able to join us for Homecoming 2018, I hope you'll come back soon. And in the meantime, feel free to share your favorite homecoming story!

Click here to share your favorite homecoming story with Sadie. Click here to make a gift in her honor.

September: What's it like coming back?


Why would you wake up at 6:30am on a Friday when your class doesn’t start until 9:00? For sunrise yoga on the river, of course!

Never would I have imagined I would willingly get up early to do physical activities on a Friday morning, yet, here I am. I guess that’s what your senior year does to you! 

As I finish up my fourth week of the semester I can honestly say I’m pretty tired already, but I am very excited for this upcoming year. I have seen a lot of growth in myself just within these past four weeks... and especially since my previous years here at Marietta. I’ve ALMOST figured out how to manage my time while also doing “me” things, and I have already made some pretty great memories. Check out my video to meet my roommate and best friend, Cam! 

Talk to you all soon!

Click here to share your own senior year memories with Sadie. Click here to make a gift in her honor. 

An Introduction


Hello! My name is Sadie Johnson and I am a fourth year sophomore at Marietta College. While you may be asking yourself, “How does that happen?”, I’ll tell you a little more about myself. Technically, I should be a senior this year, but I am staying two more years to be the first student to graduate from Marietta College with a degree in Music Therapy. I am very passionate about anything and everything music and one of my goals for this upcoming year is to continue advocating for music therapy. I can’t wait to see what this year holds and am excited that you all are along for the ride!

Click here to send a personal message to Sadie. Click here to make a gift in her honor. 
Learn more about her fellow Ambassadors, Coco, Caleb, Mel and Emily.