For students not currently residing on campus who still need to complete the move-out process, things are still on hold until we receive further direction from Governor DeWine about travel into and within the State of Ohio. We'll notify you as soon as possible once we receive that direction from Governor DeWine. We're planning for a gradual, carefully managed move-out process that will allow only a small number of students at a time, with a very limited number of helpers, to be present in any residence hall on any particular floor or wing on any given day. You'll be able to sign up for your move-out date through SignUpGenius, and we'll send you a link to that sign-up form, along with additional move-out information, once we've gotten a green light from the Governor.
For any student who's unable to return to Marietta to complete their move-out once we're allowed to schedule that, we'll provide you with information on local moving and storage options that you can arrange for independently. You'll then need to notify the Office of Community Living so that they can work with MCPD to provide access to your selected mover on the date you've arranged for your move-out. You'll need to send your key back to us at:
Office of Community Living
215 Fifth Street
Marietta, OH 45750
For students currently still residing on campus, we will be working with you to schedule your move-out during or at the end of finals week. Please plan to complete your move-out no later than 12 noon on Monday, May 4. Some of you may be getting help with your move-out from others who are not currently on campus. You and any members of your move-out group will be required to follow the guidelines listed immediately below:
- There should be no more than four individuals total (including yourself) in your move-out group.
- Nobody should be coming to campus who is showing symptoms of upper respiratory illness.
- Nobody should be coming to campus who has been in direct contact with someone in the last 14 days who has received a positive test result for COVID-19 or who has displayed symptoms of upper respiratory illness.
- Everyone involved in move-out should be wearing a mask.
- Everyone involved in move-out should distance themselves from others who are not part of their move-out group. This includes having only one move-out group at a time in an elevator.
- Everyone involved in move-out should be exercising elevated hygiene practices:
- avoid touching your face with your hands
- wash your hands with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds
- usie a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol for at least 20 seconds
- use Clorox or similar disinfectant wipes on high touch surfaces
- avoid high touch surfaces when possible (e.g., using handicap accessible doors and opening those doors with the automatic buttons using your elbow or knee, using the corner of your student ID card to press buttons on elevators, etc.)
All students completing the move-out process should use the Express Check-Out envelopes available at the front entrance to their residence hall to provide their name and student ID number and then place their key in that envelope and drop it into the black deposit box at the door. Graduating seniors should also include their mailbox key if one was issued to them.
We do intend to offer summer housing on campus for those who need it, on a case-by-case basis. If you are in need of summer housing and have not yet communicated that need to the Office of Community Living, please e-mail them at email@example.com, or call them at 740.376.4784. Any other questions related to on-campus housing can also be addressed using that same contact information.