In recognition of October’s National Tutor Appreciation Week, faculty and staff are invited to Get Centered! with a visit to Marietta’s three tutoring centers for cider and donuts from noon-2:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 22nd. Stop by one or all three facilities to learn more about how each of these centers can help our students improve their academic performance.
The Writing Center, located in Thomas 222, provides peer tutoring to help students improve their writing skills.
The Tutoring and Learning Center, located in Bartlett 370, helps students tackle challenging courses with course-specific peer tutoring and study strategies.
The Communication Center, located in Mills 205, provides peer consultation for students to help them orally communicate more effectively.
All three centers provide services for any Marietta student, regardless of major. During the visit you may:
- Meet peer consultant/tutors who work directly with students.
- See the facilities, including recent renovations to the Communication Center.
- Meet the centers’ directors and learn about ways that the centers can support your specific assignments.
- Find out more about the “Get Centered” campaign to increase students’ awareness and use of these resources.
- And enjoy a fall treat on us! (No tricks allowed.)
The Writing and Tutoring and Learning Centers are administered by the Academic Resource Center and are internationally certified by CRLA. The Communication Center is supported by the Art and Betty Buell Endowment for Communication and administered by the Communication Department.
For information: Claire Crane, Assistant Director of Tutoring Services, Academic Resource Center: (740) 376-4651, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Linda Lockhart, Director of the Communication Resource Center, (740) 376-4598, email@example.com.