The McDonough Center will be hosting an INFORMATION MEETING for its Summer 2018 trip to Costa Rica and Belize at 10:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 20th, in the McDonough Gallery (third floor). This is an opportunity to travel to Central America and study with LEAD 350: Conservation & Leadership. Come meet with the professors and students who have previously taken the trip and learn more about this opportunity.
On the trip you will:
- Meet with leaders from international conservation groups, the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, and local environmentalists.
- Snorkle on a coastal reef, hike through rainforests and visit Mayan ruins
- Study the ways leaders work with followers within their culture to achieve the goal of ecological conservation and sustainability.
- Travel with guest professor Benjamin Redekop, author of Leadership for Environmental Sustainability
Tentative Dates: May 8-29, 2018
Cost: $3,000 for 21 days:
- Includes: round-trip airfare; in country transportation; room and board (three meals a day); excursions; entrance fees and departure taxes.
- This does not cover the cost of three (3) credit hours.
OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS