Dear Marietta College Community:
Due to the increase of COVID-19 cases, including the Delta variant, in our region and across the United States, Marietta College is revising its mask and face covering guidelines.
Beginning this Friday, August 13th, facemasks are required for everyone in all public indoor spaces on campus, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are not required in private residence hall rooms, personal office spaces, during organized athletic practices/competitions, or while eating in any of the College’s dining locations.
We regret any inconvenience this creates for those who are medically able and have taken the responsibility to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The College’s vaccination rate, which includes individuals who are in their 90-day window following a positive test result, currently stands at 56.8 percent — 73.2 percent for employees and 51.6 percent for students.
The College will host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic next week. The time, date and location will be released as soon as possible. Marietta Memorial Health System will be offering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which requires only one shot.
The following guidelines are currently in place and may be modified as circumstances change with guidelines from the CDC or Ohio Department of Health:
- Marietta College does not require the COVID-19 vaccine; however, it is expected that every student and employee who is eligible and medically able to receive the vaccine will do so as soon as possible.
- Students enrolled for the Fall 2021 semester should submit their vaccine status to the Center for Health and Wellness at email@example.com, and employees should submit their current vaccine status to Vicki Ford in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to help College officials gauge whether or not herd immunity has been reached on campus. Vaccine information is confidentially stored in a separate file and only released in aggregate data format to those with a bona fide need to know.
- The College will conduct random testing of 10 percent of all non-vaccinated individuals — employees and students — throughout the semester. Students who are selected will receive an email from the Center for Health and Wellness, while employees will receive an email from Human Resources. The email will provide the time, date and location of the test.
- Vaccinated students and employees will not be subject to this random testing.
- Protocols remain in place for case management, quarantine/self-isolation and contact tracing of all cases at the College. If you are exposed, you will not be required to quarantine if you have been fully vaccinated and show no symptoms.
- Cleaning and disinfection of facilities is done in accordance with protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, using Environmental Protection Agency-approved products effective against the COVID-19 virus.
Thank you for your patience and partnership in moving past the challenges of COVID-19 and know that as any changes are required or recommended, we will inform you as soon as possible.
For more information about the College’s COVID-19 protocols and policies, please go to www.marietta.edu/covid-19-2122-return-info.
Everyone is encouraged to join us for a Town Hall Q&A at 6:00 p.m. today. You can view it on the College’s Facebook, Instagram and YouTube accounts.
President and Professor of Management