On Campus Services and Facilities
Whether you want to research employment opportunities, shed some carbs in the weight room, or just purchase a sweatshirt from your alma mater, Marietta has a host of resources and facilities available for all students, past and present.
The brand-new Legacy Library opened its doors in the Spring of 2009 for the use of the students at Marietta College and the community as a whole. The 53,000 square-foot facility is equipped with private conference rooms, computer labs, a special collections facility, and multimedia smart rooms.
The staff of the $17.5 million Library can help you print breaking news through Go Print, or help you find a story written a century ago in the special collections area. The Legacy Library currently offers more than 250,000 volumes and 450 print periodicals, with over 4,000 periodicals available online. In connection with OhioLINK, students and community members have access to the consortium of Ohio academic libraries.
The Career Center at Marietta College is staffed by professionals who have exemplary credentials and are actively engaged in professional development and service within the internal and external communities, assisting students by providing:
- Career advising
- Access to experiential education
- State of the art job search and graduate school resources and programs
- Necessary tools to transition from Marietta College to the World of Work
The Career Center also assists employers in the global marketplace by providing:
- Resources to help them achieve their organizational hiring needs
- Access to qualified and prepared students and alumni.
The Career Center offers a wide variety of resources for both Current Students and Alumni, as well as holding career workshops and events throughout the year. The Career Center is also involved in a variety of career fairs throughout the year including the Teacher Recruitment Consortium, the Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges’ CareerFEST and the Muskingum & Marietta College Interview Day. In addition to these recruitment and networking events, the Center maintains a database of employment and internship opportunities which students and alumni can access free of charge 24/7 through College Central. Through résumé referrals, alumni mentoring, company info-sessions and campus interviews, the Career Center facilitates connections to employers throughout the region and beyond.
The Marietta College Bookstore is a full-service campus shopping center providing new and used textbooks, as well as office and dorm supplies, computer products, graduation regalia, Marietta College insignia clothing and gifts, and general reading books. Through secure and simple ordering, students, alumni and education professionals have access not only to books, but also to academic pricing on software, which can save you up to 75% off retail prices.
Dyson Baudo Recreation Center
Don't worry about your workout schedule when you visit campus. Special Alumni guest passes are available on a limited basis. For more information, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at 740-376-4709 or at email@example.com.
The Dyson Baudo Recreation Center (DBRC) opened on the Marietta College campus in 2003 and contains:
- an indoor track that encircles four multipurpose courts,
- a crew training facility,
- a fitness center,
- two racquetball courts,
- a wheelchair-accessible weight room,
- a multipurpose room and
- a two-story climbing wall.
The Climbing Wall is located on the first floor of the DBRC inside the Weight Room. Any interested climber can access the wall during regular operating hours after completing a waiver form.
Download the Climbing Wall Release of Liability (PDF).
Community Walker Program
The DBRC is open to all community members who wish to utilize its track only. This is a free program; however, each community walker must complete an application. Download an application (PDF) and drop it off at the DBRC Welcome Desk. Once approved, community walkers will receive a card that they must present to the Welcome Desk each time they wish to use the track.
The Community Walker Program only allows you to use walking/running track during regular hours of operation. It does not allow for use of any other facilities.
Track hours are subject to change and the track may close occasionally due to special events at Marietta College.
Programming changes every semester, but the following list provides an overview of recent classes:
- Basic Meditation An introduction to meditative practice that presents several schools or methods of meditation through instruction and experience.
- Faculty and Staff Fitness Open to faculty, staff, spouses, alumni and community members, this class focuses on strength training, body shaping, and flexibility. This class does not include cardio exercises.
- Fitness Center Orientation Individual orientation sessions with a certified fitness professional (1 to 2 hours, as needed) teach newcomers how to operate the cardio equipment (treadmill, stair climber, elliptical machine, bikes, ski machine and rowing ergometer) safely and effectively.
- Kickboxing A challenging cardio workout using movements of martial arts combined with some aerobic choreography.
- Power Abs & Core Training The upstairs Fitness Center core and stretching area provides a program structured to meet participants' needs and is easily adapted for all fitness levels.
- Step Interval A non- to low-impact cardio class performed on the step platform, using a 4, 6 or 8 inch step (provided).
- Strength Training A designed workout in the Weight Room.
- Super Stretch Flexibility training with a 30-minute, full body stretch.
- Yoga Relax An invigorating workout, calming breath practice, and the opportunity to discover how yoga can be anyone's lifetime exercise choice.
- Yoga-Tude A gym-based yoga class suitable for all levels offering a dynamic, low-impact workout.