We're glad you want to continue your studies at Marietta College. Candidates for admission may apply year round; but we recommend you file your application as early as possible. If you wish to be considered for academic scholarships you should apply no later than March 1. For those transfer students who have applied early and have been accepted, class registration for Fall semester begins in May so you are urged to submit your $200 enrollment deposit by April 1st. This ensures your advising appointment is arranged prior to your registration time. Your enrollment deposit is fully refundable up until May 1st. Please read this entire page carefully before submitting your application.

Required Documents

  1. Application for Admission. You must complete this application for admission. Or at www.commonapp.org
  2. Transfer Essay. We are interested in knowing more about you. Please answer this essay question in one or two pages: What motivated you to apply to transfer, and what do you hope to accomplish at Marietta College?
  3. Transfer Instructor Recommendation (PDF). We require all transfer students to include this completed instructor's recommendation from the last college/university you have attended.
  4. Transfer Clearance Form (PDF). We require all transfer students to include this completed form from the Dean of Students Office at the last college/university you have attended.
  5. Application Fee. $25 (non-refundable) must accompany your application. Your check or money order should be made payable to Marietta College. If it represents a financial hardship to you and your family, please call to request a fee waiver from Marietta.
  6. Transcripts. Please have both your high school and college registrars mail a Transcript directly to the Office of Admission.
  7. Admission Tests. You are required to submit your scores on the SAT I or the ACT. You may ask that your scores be sent to us directly or they may be reported on your secondary school transcript. Marietta's SAT number is 1444, our ACT number is 3290. You may contact the College Board to request that your scores be sent.