Private, coeducational, nonsectarian, undergraduate, residential, contemporary liberal arts founded in 1835. One of America's 37 "Revolutionary Colleges," institutions with origins reaching back to the 18th century. Originally founded as the Muskingum Academy in 1797.
Total enrollment for the 2016-17 academic year is 1,160 students from 32 states and and 6 countries.
The College's picturesque 90-acre campus is in Marietta, Ohio, just two blocks from downtown. The campus includes a state-of-the-art recreation center, planetarium and library.
Marietta, Ohio, (population 14,500) established in 1788 by Revolutionary War veterans led by Gen. Rufus Putnam, is the oldest organized city in the Northwest Territory. Marietta is a river town situated at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum rivers. Marietta is part of a much larger Mid-Ohio Valley metropolitan area that includes nearby Parkersburg, W.Va. This area sustains a combined population of around 150,000. Marietta is only a few hours from Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Visit Us
Approximately 93 percent of students receive need-based financial aid - more than $17.5 million of Marietta College's funds are committed to financial assistance. Learn More
Marietta College has 103 faculty members, approximately 92 percent of whom hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field.
Average Class Size
|Student Activity Fee:||$740|
|Board (Freedom 14 meal plan):||$4,800|
|Freshmen Orientation Fee||$400|
|Total Standard Cost:||$47,770|
*Additional meal plans and housing options are available which may increase or decrease a student's total cost from the standard rates above.
Net Price Calculator
To obtain an estimate of what your family will pay if you choose to attend Marietta College, use our Net Price Calculator. This Net Price Calculator is designed to estimate the costs for first-time freshman from the U.S.A. who are enrolled full-time and living on-campus. If you have questions about the calculator for affording a Marietta education, please contact our Student Financial Services Office at 740.376.4712 or 800.331.2709 or by email at email@example.com.
Marietta offers more than 40 undergraduate majors. Programs include leadership, petroleum engineering, fine arts, sciences, athletic training, education and journalism. Students have boundless opportunities for field experience, professional internships and study abroad. Learn More
Chartered in 1860, the Marietta College chapter of Phi Beta Kappa is the 16th oldest in the nation.
Two semesters (fall & spring) and a summer session. Learn More
More than 120 students are working on master's degrees in either Physician Assistant Studies or Psychology.
- Percentage of applicants accepted: 76 percent
- Percentile of admitted students in the top 10 percent of their graduating class: 27.5 percent
- Average SAT score for an admitted student: 1100
- Undergraduate application deadline: Early Action and Rolling Admission
Marietta College provides a strong foundation for a lifetime of leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving. We achieve this mission by offering undergraduates a contemporary liberal arts education and graduate students an education grounded in advanced knowledge and professional practice. Intellectual and creative excellence defines the Marietta experience. Learn More
William N. Ruud (2016)
- William N. Ruud, President
- Janet Bland, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Angela Anderson, Vice President for Advancement
- Richard Danford, Vice President for Student Life & Diversity
- Larry Hiser, Director of Athletics
- Stephen Lazowski, Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Michele Marra, Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Tom Perry, Executive Director of Communication & Brand Management
U.S. News & World Report, "Best in the Midwest"
No. 7 in the Nation on the New York Times-Brookings Institution's "Common Sense Rankings" in 2015
Peterson's Competitive Colleges
Princeton Review's "Best Midwestern College"
Barron's Best Buys in College Education
Forbes.com, "Best in the Nation."
The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
Please review Marietta College's Assurance Argument to the HLC (2015).
The Navy Blue and White
- NCAA Division III and Ohio Athletic Conference
- 20 teams and nearly 400 student-athletes
- Women: basketball, crew, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track, and volleyball
- Men: baseball, basketball, crew, cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, and track
- Learn More
Navy Blue & White