The following information on parking and traffic regulations is being provided to you as a service of the Marietta College Police Department. This information is provided as a guide and may be subject to announced changes during the school year. Any questions not answered in this guide should be directed to any Marietta College Police Officer. Having a valid permit does not guarantee a parking spot, only the privilege to park on campus!
- Freshman are not guaranteed a parking permit and must submit a parking permit request to MCPD.
- Campus speed limit is 5 miles per hour.
- Persons are prohibited from operating any motor vehicle on the Fifth Street mall without first receiving permission from College Police. Permission will be granted on a case-by-case basis and last one day.
- All construction lanes are restricted to construction vehicles only. Violators will be prosecuted.
- Roadways within Marietta Hall circle are designated one-way because of safety concerns.
- Vehicles are subject to tow for repeated violations.
- All new students and employees must apply for a parking permit via parking permit request form.
- All parking permit request forms can be submitted by mail or by emailing Kim Settle.
All handicap parking spaces are marked with blue stripes and and should be used only by persons displaying state registered handicap permits or license plates. Handicap permits should be prominently displayed. Violators are subject to towing and/or fines.
All parking lots are the property of Marietta College and are designated as faculty/staff lots or student lots. Vehicles parked in all Marietta College parking lots must display a valid parking permit. Student and Commuter Student Permits for designated lots may be obtained via the Parking Portal. Permits can be picked up at the Enrollment Verification Days at the Marietta College Police Department table. They can also be picked up at the Marietta College Police Department.
Student Parking: Marietta College Students are issued a student parking permit. Also available is a Commuter Parking Permit. Students are permitted to park in any lot that is labeled for their respective parking permit. Students are not permitted to park in lots that are designated Faculty/Staff only.
Faculty/Staff: Parking in YELLOW lots is reserved for faculty and staff members. Permits are available at no cost to college employees.
Student and staff parking permits must be displayed in the rear window on the lower passenger's side corner. Citations may be issued for improper permit placement. Temporary permits will be placed on the dashboard. Check signs at the lot entrances to see if you are permitted to park in the lot.
Temporary Permits: On occasion a student may have a guest or need to have their own vehicle repaired, making their own sticker unavailable to them. Students may come to MCPD to obtain a temporary parking permit at no cost.
Visitor Parking: Visitor permits can be obtained at the MCPD. Anyone parking a vehicle in a campus lot must display a parking permit. Short term visitor spaces are located at Fayerweather Hall. All vehicles without a permit will be towed at the owner's expense.
Violations: All campus parking or traffic violations are subject to either a campus citation or a State of Ohio traffic citation. Campus citations must be paid within 72 hours, or an additional charge of $5 will be added to the citation. However, citations may be appealed via the Parking Portal within 72 hours of the citation. Fines issued to students must be paid within 45 days or they will be added to the student's account. Fines must be paid via the Parking Portal. All State of Ohio traffic citations must be paid at the Marietta Municipal Court, 301 Putnam Street (740-373-4474).
Campus Citation Fee Schedule
|3rd of More||$50|
|4 or more citations||car is towed|