If you receive financial aid in excess of your tuition and fees for a given term, a refund will be issued from Marietta College.

Each semester, refunds will be issued approximately 4-6 weeks after the date designated as the last date to add/drop classes per the Academic Calendar. Refunds can be requested prior to add/drop date, but there are no exceptions as to when they will be available.

Refunds will not be issued on pending financial aid (aid that has not been confirmed due to a variety of circumstances). If you have questions regarding pending financial aid, please call 740-376-4712 or 800-331-2709.

Refunds Following Withdrawal

A student who withdraws from the College during a semester might be eligible for a partial refund. The refund is determined according to the policy outlined in the "Undergraduate Tuition, Fees & Financial Aid" section of the 2015-2016 Undergraduate Catalog (PDF)

*Please Note: No portion of the housing charge is refundable.

Withdrawal Tuition Board
Charge Refund Charge Refund
During the First Week of Class 10% 90% 10% 90%
Second Week 20% 80% 20% 80%
Third Week 30% 70% 30% 70%
Fourth Week 40% 60% 40% 60%
Fifth Week 50% 50% 50% 50%

The College will offer no refund after the fifth week of classes unless the withdraw is for medical purposes and the student is enrolled in the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan. (For more information about the plan, please see the Tuition & Billing Schedule page.)


Refund Authorization

All excess credit that occurs on your account will be refunded by check or credit card; depending on the original form of payment. Refunds are issued to the student; unless the refund is a result of overage on a Plus Loan.

Refund of Parent PLUS Loan proceeds are mailed directly to the parent borrower (from the promissory note) at the address on file unless otherwise designated by the borrower on the Refund/Title IV Authorization Form. The Title IV Authorization form is required to refund any credit balance generated from a Parent Plus loan and can be downloaded from the Website.

Refund checks made payable to the student are mailed to the student's permanent address on file unless otherwise specified by the student on the Refund/Title IV Authorization Form. Refunds created by check overpayments can be electronically deposited into a student's bank account by the student setting up a "Payment Profile" in the eBill system.

It is very important that student addresses are kept current. A student may update his/her address by contacting the Registrar/Records Office at 740-376-4731.

A Refund/Title IV Authorization Form can also be obtained from the Student Accounts Forms page. Simply print the form, complete the required information, sign it and submit it to the Student Accounts Office.