- Each applicant must apply to the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) www.caspaonline.org. CASPA deadline is November 1 for the following June entry. CASPA is a service that collates materials, computes grade point averages and transmits standardized information to the applicant and the physician assistant program(s) the applicant designates. CASPA takes no part in the evaluation, selection or rejection of applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete and submit all supporting documentation to CASPA in a timely manner. The application status check, provided to applicants as part of the CASPA service, should be monitored throughout the application process. CASPA will not mail incomplete applications. The MC PA Program suggests the applicant apply early. It takes CASPA anywhere from 4-6 weeks to process an application. The program will be assigning interview days as qualified candidates are identified. Please see CASPA Admissions Code of Cooperation for more information.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended and three letters of recommendation are required and must be sent to the CASPA office.
- A supplemental application, detailing the applicant’s life experiences and personal goals, is also required. (A link to this application is available in the left navigation bar of this page.) If you are unable to download the Word file, please contact the PA program to receive an email attachment or hard copy. The supplemental application deadline is November 1. If the supplemental is not received by November 1, the applicant will not be reviewed.
- Official test score results from the MCAT and/or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (verbal and quantitative) must be sent to the Marietta College PA Program under school/department code 1444 (GRE only). No minimum score is required.
- The application is reviewed by an admissions committee to select applicants for an interview. Interviews will be conducted in early November and January each year. Applicants are required to have completed all prerequisite courses by December of the year of application for the program's June start date. Applicants who would like to be considered for "early" interviews must have their CASPA application and the supplemental application completed by August 1 of the year of application.
- The MC PA Program will consider applicants who have one prerequisite course in process during the spring semester preceding the June start date.
Selection for admission is based on evaluation of the following factors:
- Academic preparation
- Motivation, maturity, ability to work with people
- Knowledge of the PA profession
- Letters of recommendation
Practice as a Physician Assistant requires maturity, responsibility and a commitment to providing high quality health care. Many physician assistant students bring significant prior health care, life and educational experiences. For the Marietta College PA Program such experience is strongly recommended though not required.
Transfer of Credit
Marietta College PA Program does not accept transfer of credit for any of the PASP courses, both in the didactic phase and the clinical rotation phase of the curriculum.
The Marietta College PA Program does not award advanced placement in either the didactic phase or the clinical rotation phase.
Student Work Policies
Due to the rigorous academic course work of Marietta College PA Program, students are discouraged from working outside the classroom during the didactic phase; they are not allowed to work during the clinical rotation phase of their education.
Typical MC Accepted Applicant
- Age 22
- Cumulative GPA 3.5
- 1-1/2 years health care experience
Prior professional experiences include, but are not limited to the following areas: nursing assistant, pharmacy technician, phlebotomist, paramedic, medical assistant, athletic trainer, cardiac patient technician, triage assistant, and surgical specialist.
College financial aid is administered by the Marietta College Financial Aid Office. Financial aid questions should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid, Marietta College, 215 Fifth Street, Marietta, OH 45750-9982, 1-800-331-2709.
Scholarship(s) will be awarded each year to entering students. Application form for the ARC scholarship.
Estimated Student Expenses
Estimated tuition, fees and program costs for the Physician Assistant Program for Marietta College:
- Pre-clinical Phase: Summer Session: $4,600
- First Year, Semesters one and two: $33,528
- Clinical Phase, Second Year, Semesters one and two: $33,528
The above listed fees are based upon the latest estimates available at the time of this publication. They should be used as estimates only and do not include living expenses.
The above fees do not include malpractice insurance, books and computer costs. Malpractice insurance will be procured by the program for all PA students and a yearly fee will be added to your tuition. All students are required to carry major medical health insurance and proof of coverage is required.
Accepted students will be asked to submit a $500 admission deposit. Payment of the deposit indicates the student's intent to enroll in the PA Program. The deposit will go towards program fees and supplies. The fee will not be refunded for students who withdraw from the program.
Marietta College requires that all foreign transcripts be evaluated by Educational Credentialing Evaluators, Inc. (ECE), PO Box 514070, Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470; (414)289-3400; www.ece.org. A course by course evaluation U.S. equivalency report is required. The foreign transcript reports are sent to CASPA directly from the agency. If English is an applicant's second language, the applicant must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The applicant should score 550 or greater on the paper-based TOEFL (213 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL) for admission. The Bulletin of Information on this test may be obtained by writing to: Test of English as a Foreign Language, Educational Testing Service, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08540 USA.