The Business & Economics Department's internship program is designed to enrich the educational experience of students by placing them into a business environment. This environment provides practical experience in the student's field of interest along with an opportunity to observe and apply concepts learned in the classroom.
Students wishing to receive academic credit for their internships should follow these steps:
- Review the internship guidelines and requirements. After the student reviews the guidelines and requirements, contact Professor Rick Smith.
- Submit the internship proposal to Professor Rick Smith. This requires information including but not limited to:
- Number of credits the student is seeking for the internship
- Contact information and signature of the internship supervisor (who the student’s supervisor will be at the internship)
- Bulletpoint/listing of duties
- Goals and expected learning outcomes
- Once the first three steps are complete and your proposal has been approved, please click below to submit your internship agreement for registration with the Records Office.
Submit Experiential Learning Agreement via the College Central Network Site
For more information on internships and other career services, please visit the Marietta College Career Center.
For further information contact the B&E Department Internship Director: