Welcome to the Marietta College Career Center
The Career Center at Marietta College is staffed by professionals who prepare students for successful futures by providing career advising; access to experiential education; state-of-the-art job search and graduate school resources and programs; and the necessary tools to transition from Marietta College to the World of Work.
Career Center PSA: Hilles Hughes
Students are encouraged to visit the Center for individual advising, and they can also take advantage of the variety of career workshops and events offered throughout the year such as: "Wine, Dine & How To Act Fine" (an etiquette workshop) and "Preparing for Graduate School" – just to name a few.
The Career Center is also involved in a variety of career fairs throughout the year including the Teacher Recruitment Consortium, the Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges’ CareerFEST and the Muskingum & Marietta College Interview Day. In addition to these recruitment and networking events, the Center maintains a database of employment and internship opportunities which students and alumni can access free of charge 24/7 through College Central. Through résumé referrals, alumni mentoring, company info-sessions and campus interviews, the Career Center facilitates connections to employers throughout the region and beyond.
Marietta College is committed to bringing you the best resources available to help you in your job search. CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the #1 request of job seekers: an easy to use web site to conduct and organize their job search.
CareerShift's set of tools and applications provide a very unique opportunity to job hunters. While other web services provides bits and pieces of the job hunt process, only CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together to crack the "hidden job market" and for managing the job hunt all in one place. With CareerShift, you can:
- Search, store & record job listings at all publically posted websites, company websites, and newspapers.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Upload/ Copy and Paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with Career Services to create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded. In MY CALENDAR, you can keep notes, and set reminders for follow-ups.
- Access your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.