Types of Readmits
Following are the different types of leave from MC and the materials that must be submitted with your application when seeking readmission (some leaves require only this completed application). Please check the reason for leaving MC and make sure that all materials listed under the leave are submitted with your completed application. Your application will not be reviewed until all materials are received.
READMISSION AFTER ACADEMIC DISMISSAL/ ADMINISTRATIVE WITHDRAWAL
- Official transcript(s) from any college/university attended since leaving MC.
- An essay to the Academic Standards Committee (ASC) stating what you feel were the obstacles to your academic success at MC and what you have done since your dismissal that contributed to your readiness to return. Also include a complete outline of how you plan to be successful now. Include a list of goals you have for your education and what college or community resources you intend to utilize (e.g. counseling or career centers, academic advising, tutoring, study skills review, etc.).
- At least one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator from the most recently attended college/university other than MC (if you attended one) and/or one or more letters of recommendation from supervisors, counselors, or employers (other than MC), or commanding officers.
- At least one letter of recommendation from present faculty or administrators at Marietta College (e.g. academic advisor, faculty member, etc.)
READMISSION AFTER APPROVED ACADEMIC LEAVE
READMISSION AFTER GRADUATION FROM MARIETTA COLLEGE
READMISSION AFTER MEDICAL LEAVE
- A letter from your professional therapist or physician or both stating your medical situation and that he/she believes you are able to live and work at MC. This letter must be addressed to the Director of the Center for Health and Wellness.
READMISSION AFTER PERSONAL LEAVE
READMISSION AFTER SUSPENSION FOR SOCIAL CONDUCT VIOLATION
READMISSION AFTER WITHDRAWAL FROM MARIETTA COLLEGE
READMISSION AFTER SUSPENSION FOR ACADEMIC DISHONESTY
For more information about readmission into Marietta College, please contact Scot Schaeffer, Vice President for Enrollment Management (email@example.com)