The Office of Community Living assists with the concerns of students living on and off-campus and offers support to students in a number of areas. These areas include student conduct, offering educational and social programming, assisting with roommate and personal problems, and dealing with maintenance issues within the residence halls. Community Living works closely with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and can serve as a reference for students with a variety of issues.

If you experience any problems or have any questions about living on or off-campus, please contact the Student Life Office at 740.376.4784 or email Dr. KJ McConnell, Associate Dean of Students & Director of Community Living, at

What is a Resident Assistant?

Resident Assistants (RA) are specially trained sophomores, juniors, and seniors who live in each section of a residence hall. They assist individual students with personal, academic, and social concerns, and help develop a sense of community among residents. Your RA is one of the best people to go to with any questions or concerns that you may have.

What is an Assistant Director?

Assistant Directors are full-time professional staff working with the Associate Dean of Students, who are responsible for providing leadership and direction in coordinating a comprehensive residence life program in a co-educational hall housing up to 200 students.

Assistant Directors by Building
  • 7th Street Complex (Harrison Hall & McCoy Hall) — Katherine Glassman
  • 4th Street (Arts & Humanities House, Delta Tau Delta House, Fayerweather Hall, Harmar House, Hopewell House, and Pioneer House) & commuter student outreach & support — contact Jeff Fabus
  • First-Year Complex (Dorothy Webster Hall, Marietta Hall, Mary Beach Hall, Sophia Russell Hall, and Elsie Newton Hall) — Jessi Lauer Crosby