Equal Educational Opportunity
Marietta College is committed to providing equal educational opportunity and full participation for persons with disabilities. We are here to support you and help to ensure that all of your accommodation needs are being met.
The Accessibility Services Office partners with you to understand your strengths and limitations in order to develop the most comprehensive accommodation plan. The Accessibility Services Office empowers you to achieve your academic goals and promote awareness by educating the Marietta College faculty, staff, and community.
- Academic Accommodations
To establish academic accommodations, complete the Accessibility Services Request Form.
- Students must also submit all pertinent documentation (IEP, 504 Plan, medical diagnosis) to the Director of Accessibility Services.
Accessibility Services Request Form
- Exam Accommodations
- You must first meet with the Director of Accessibility Services and set up your accommodations before you are permitted to schedule an exam in the Testing Center.
- All requests for exams or quizzes must be submitted a minimum of 2 days prior to the exam/quiz.
- You will receive an Outlook Calendar Invite for your exam time once your request has been approved.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Schedule an exam in the Testing Center
- Non-Academic Accommodations
Non-Academic Accommodations can be made through the Non-Academic Accommodations Coordinator in the Center for Health and Wellness.
Students seeking housing accommodations due to a documented disability or medical condition (other than requesting an air conditioner) should complete the Housing Accommodation Application and return it to Lacey Wilson, Non-Academic Accessibility Services Coordinator.
Housing Accommodation Application
Residential Housing Air Conditioner Accommodation
A request for the use of a personal air conditioner (A/C) in your residence may be approved under the following conditions:
- You have a chronic medical condition that necessitates the use of an A/C
- You submit this application and verification from your doctor that outlines this necessity
- Marietta College’s Center for Health and Wellness staff validates and concurs with your request
To request the use of a personal air conditioner, submit the Residential Housing Air Conditioner Application.
Note: Your application is not complete until you submit documentation from your health care provider that verifies the diagnosis that necessitates an air conditioner.
Residential Housing Air Conditioner Application
Emotional Support Animal Accommodation
Marietta College recognizes the value of Emotional Support Animals to assist a student with a diagnosed disability and complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act. Our Emotional Support Animal Policy is intended to clarify the roles of Emotional Support Animals, outline the procedures for students wishing to access such accommodations, and explain the rights and responsibilities of students in this regard.
Questions or concerns related to this policy should be addressed to the Non-Academic Accessibility Accommodations Coordinator.
Emotional Support Animal Policy and Application
- Temporary Accommodations
Complete this form only for short-term academic accommodations (injuries, etc.)
Supporting documentation must be provided to the Director of Accessibility Services before accommodations are granted.
Temporary Accommodation Request Form
The Testing Center is located on the second floor of Thomas 223. The Center provides distraction-reduced small-group testing for students.
The Accessibility Services Office is located on the Third Floor of Thomas Hall in Room 212. The Accessibility Services Office works with students to create an Accommodation Plan that meets the needs of the student.
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Director of Accessibility Services
Make an Appointment