Special Circumstances Appeal
The Office of Student Financial Services is aware that a family's financial circumstances may change, which may affect you and your family’s ability to contribute toward your education. Our office can help address this issue and assist families who have experienced a significant change in income and/or resources.
The following circumstances can be considered:
- Reduction of income or benefits in 2023.
- Extraordinary medical or dental expenses in 2021.
- Death of a parent or spouse whose information is on the FAFSA form.
- Divorce or separation after filing the 2023–2024 FAFSA form.
- Natural Disaster expenses not covered by Insurance
- The Special Circumstances Form details what type of supporting documentation you must submit with the form to verify the change in circumstance.
- Download the 2023–2024 Special Circumstances Form (PDF)
Each family's situation is unique and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Submission of an appeal does not guarantee approval, and families should make alternative payment arrangements while waiting for the outcome of an appeal. Please Note: Any changes to your financial aid awards will be contingent on the type of funds available, eligibility policies, and regulations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.