Special Circumstances Appeal
The Office of Student Financial Services is aware that a family's financial circumstances may change, and those changes may affect you and your family’s ability to contribute toward your education. Our office can help address this issue and assist families who have experienced a significant change in income and/or resources.
The following circumstances can be considered:
- Reduction of income or benefits in 2023.
- Extraordinary medical or dental expenses in 2021.
- Death of a parent or spouse whose information is on the FAFSA form.
- Divorce or separation after filing the 2023–2024 FAFSA form.
- Natural Disaster expenses not covered by Insurance
- The Special Circumstances Form details what type of supporting documentation you are required to submit with the form to verify the change in circumstance.
- Download the 2023–2024 Special Circumstances Form (PDF)
Each family's situation is unique and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Submission of an appeal does not guarantee approval, and families should make alternative payment arrangements while waiting for the outcome of an appeal. Please Note: Any changes to your financial aid awards will be contingent on the type of funds available, eligibility policies, and regulations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.