Congratulations on your acceptance to Marietta College! We are very proud of the tradition of excellence at MC and are excited to offer you the opportunity to join the Pioneer family. If you are ready to officially secure your spot at Marietta College, please use this Accepted Student Checklist to guide you through the process. Of course, we are here if you have questions. Please contact Angela Shrader at firstname.lastname@example.org or Student Life Office at email@example.com if you need assistance!
- Step One: Become a Pioneer!
Ready to join the Marietta College family? Ready to join the Marietta College family? Submitting your $200 enrollment deposit will secure your spot in the incoming class. There are a few ways to submit your deposit.
- Submit your deposit* one of three ways:
- Deposit online
- Deposit over the phone: +17403764726, Rose Nicholson/Business Office
- The enrollment deposit will be applied to your student account the first semester you are enrolled. Please refer to your acceptance email, where you'll find your MC Student ID number, which is required to complete the enrollment commitment form
*Enrollment deposits are non-refundable after May 1
- Submit your deposit* one of three ways:
- Step Two: Get Your Immigration Documents
Your I-20 (for F-1 Students)/DS-2019 (for J-1 students) document will be processed and mailed to you once you follow these steps:
- New First Time Freshman: send us a mailing address in your home country that can receive Fed Ex/DHL packages and a phone number for the address. You must also send us official test scores and WES certified transcripts after your high school graduation.
- Transfer Students (currently at a US institution): Complete a Marietta College transfer release form with your current DSO’s signature and your program end date. We cannot give you an I-20 for Marietta College without these form. Please also send WES certified transcripts from your high school and universities outside of the United States, and official transcripts from your current US institution.
- Step Three: Pay Your SEVIS I-901 Fee
This fee is required for all new international students and must be done on-line. Use fmjfee.com to make your payment. Transfer students who complete the transfer-in clearance form will not need to pay this fee again.
- Step Four: Make a Visa Appointment
You will need to schedule an appointment with the US consulate or embassy to obtain a US F-1 or J-1 student visa. You cannot make an appointment without paying the I-901 fee (see step 3).
- Step Five: Set Up Your Marietta College Email
We expect students to check their Marietta College emails at least once a day for important information about academics, programs, and safety. We will ONLY communicate with you via this account once you are a student, so this email must be activated before you arrive. To set up your email account, click here.
We will send you additional information closer to the start of term with specific arrival and orientation information.
- Step Six: Living on Campus at Marietta College
Living on campus can be one of the most rewarding aspects of the college experience. As a residential community, we develop our distinctive ethos, our dedication to the whole student and affirm the independence between life inside and outside of the classroom. International Students will be placed with students in one of our Residence Halls. Please log on to the Residence Page to review the Housing Contract and agree to our terms and conditions. If you have questions, please email the Office of Community Living at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access Residence:
Please call the Office of Student Life, 740.376.4784 if you have any questions.
- Go to http://marietta-residence.symplicity.com
- Log in using your MyMarietta username and password
- Follow these instructions (PDF)
To see what you should bring to campus, click here
Immunization Record / Medical Health History / Copy of Insurance Card (Center for Health & Wellness)
- Medical Forms Portal
- Log in using your MyMarietta username (ex. abc001, do not use the @marietta.edu) and password
- Step Seven: New International Student Orientation
This orientation is mandatory for all new international students and occurs a few days before the first year HOME program. International Student Orientation details will be communicated to you in early summer. Your point of contact is the Office of Education Abroad, email@example.com, 740.376.4708.
We look forward to welcoming you this fall!