The vision of Nonprofits LEAD is for every nonprofit to have the tools, resources, knowledge, and support they need to meet the needs of their community.
The mission of Nonprofits LEAD is to build a strong, sustainable nonprofit community in the Mid-Ohio Valley in which every organization is able to effectively and efficiently achieve its mission.
The goals of Nonprofits LEAD are to:
- Collaborating within the Mid-Ohio Valley (MOV) to determine the capacity-building needs of the nonprofit sector
- Providing educational opportunities for nonprofit organizations to strengthen their capacity
- Fostering resource-sharing partnerships among nonprofit leaders
- Empowering students to be future leaders in the nonprofit sector by engaging them in programs
- Advocating for the MOV nonprofit community on local, state, national, and international levels
The values of Nonprofits LEAD are:
- Collaboration and Inclusion
All voices and thoughts have a space and all stakeholders are represented. Healthy and diverse groups of organizations and their services provided fill gaps rather than compete or duplicate
Nonprofits as effective service providers; they have adequate funding, good planning and evaluation, and strong governance.
- Active Participation
Actively encourage and strengthen volunteerism, board and committee work, and financial support.
- Relationship Building
Social sector partnerships are formed to meet goals and missions. Positive organizational culture; coworkers, clients, volunteers, and donors are all treated well
- Community Commitment Heart-work not hard work: Commitment to mission. Organizations are community-based and long-term.
Capacity Development Focus Areas
Nonprofits LEAD supports the development of organizational capacity by focusing on seven areas:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Networking and Advocacy
- Operations and Governance
- Programs and Planning
For more information about capacity building, nonprofit leadership, and additional resources, contact