We are excited that you are considering Marietta as a transfer applicant, and we look forward to reading your application.
Candidates for admission may apply year round; but we recommend you file your application as early as possible. If you wish to be considered for academic scholarships you should apply as soon as possible. For those transfer students who have applied early and have been accepted, class registration for the semester will begin shortly after our graduation ceremony, so you are urged to submit your $200 enrollment deposit soon. This ensures your advising appointment is arranged prior to your registration time. Your enrollment deposit is fully refundable up until May 1st. Please read this entire page carefully before submitting your application.
Are you a transfer student?
At Marietta College, a transfer student is anyone who has attended a college or university after high school graduation. If you are completing college courses while in high school, you are considered a first-year student or freshman who may be bringing college credit with you, but not a transfer student.
Required Documents for Transfer
- Application for Admission. You can also apply using the common application. Or download our PDF version.
- Transfer Essay. We are interested in knowing more about you. Please answer this essay question in one or two pages: What motivated you to apply to transfer, and what do you hope to accomplish at Marietta College?
- Transfer Clearance Form (PDF). We require all transfer students to include this completed form from the Dean of Students Office at the last college/university you have attended.
- Transcripts. Please have both your high school and college registrars submit a Transcript directly to the Office of Admission. We can accept them electronically or by mail.
- Admission Tests. You are required to submit your scores on the SAT I or the ACT. You may ask that your scores be sent to us directly or they may be reported on your secondary school transcript.
Sit down with a Marietta College Admission Counselor to see how your credits transfer — before you even apply for admission. You can also send or email (email@example.com) the Admission Office your transcripts and request a transfer evaluation — and we will get back to you within 48 hours (not counting Saturday or Sunday).
Marietta College is excited to work closely with Washington State Community College to offer the WSCC2MC transfer program. The program is designed for students who want to start their college experience at Washington State Community College and stay local by transferring to Marietta College to complete a four-year degree.
Marietta College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in matters of admission, employment, and housing, and in access to and participation in its education programs, services, and activities. No person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, religion, creed, or disability.