Our Talent Scholarships are open to any future Marietta College student who has developed talents in theatre and/or musical theatre, regardless of intended major or field of interest. To be considered, you must:
- Be accepted to Marietta College as a first-time freshman
- Provide a resume of theatre experience and a letter of reference from a teacher or director
- Complete an audition, either in-person or electronically
(up to $3,500 per year)
This award requires continuous enrollment as a full-time student, satisfactory progress toward a degree, participation in one theatre production each semester, and successful completion of THEA 106 Acting I and THEA 210 Backstage Experience during your first year of enrollment.
Prepare two contrasting monologues. All auditions should be memorized.
Design / Technical / Directing
Prepare one of the following:
- A design or technical portfolio of set, light, or costume work
- A stage manager's production book
- A sample of academic or dramatic writing (optional addition: a directing portfolio)
(up to $5,000 per year)
This award requires continuous enrollment as a full-time student, satisfactory progress toward a degree, participation in one theatre production AND in one music ensemble each semester, and successful completion of THEA 106 Acting I during your first year of enrollment.
Prepare two contrasting Musical Theatre style songs and a monologue. A pianist will not be provided, so bring your own backup music. A sound system and plug-in capabilities will be provided. All auditions should be memorized.
For more information or to schedule an audition, contact Cas Felt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.376.4698.
Recipients of Talent Scholarships eligible for need-based assistance will receive a Financial Aid Award incorporating the amount of the scholarship.