Our Talent Scholarships are open to any future Marietta College student who has developed talents in theatre and/or musical theatre, regardless of intended major or field of interest. To be considered, you must:
- Be accepted to Marietta College as a first-time freshman
- Provide a resume of theatre experience and a letter of reference from a teacher or director
- Complete an audition, either in-person (preferred) or electronically
(up to $3,500 per year)
This award requires continuous enrollment as a full-time student, satisfactory progress toward a degree, participation in one theatre production each semester, and successful completion of THEA 106 Acting I and THEA 210 Backstage Experience during your first year of enrollment.
- For a Performance audition, prepare two contrasting monologues. Your audition should be memorized.
- For a Directing or Stage Management interview, prepare a stage manager's production book or a sample of academic or dramatic writing. As an option, you may add a directing portfolio.
- For a Design and Technology interview, prepare a design or technical portfolio.
(up to $5,000 per year)
This award requires continuous enrollment as a full-time student, satisfactory progress toward a degree, participation in one theatre production AND in one music ensemble each semester, and successful completion of THEA 106 Acting I during your first year of enrollment.
Prepare two contrasting Musical Theatre style songs and a monologue. A pianist will not be provided, so bring your own backup music. A sound system and plug-in capabilities will be provided. All auditions should be memorized.
Ready to Apply?
Schedule your visit now online or by calling the Office of Admission at 740.376.4600.
Recipients of Talent Scholarships eligible for need-based assistance will receive a financial aid award incorporating the amount of the scholarship.