College to host Community Education Forum on April 2nd
Marietta College will host a 2019 Community Educational Forum with a focus on “Trauma Informed Schools,” from 6:00-7:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 2nd, in the Alma McDonough Auditorium.
The forum is free and open to the public.
This is the seventh annual series sponsored by the Southeast Ohio Teacher Development Collaborative (SEO-TDC), and it will feature a panel of practitioners who will address the issues and offer solutions.
The panelists will include:
- Mike Masloski, Superintendent, Ridgewood Local Schools
- Megan Wagner, Intervention Specialist, Brook Intermediate, Rolling Hills Local School District
- Doug Pfeffer, Director and counselor from L&P Services who has worked with various Washington County schools on 10 Principles of Trauma-Informed Schools
- Megan Miller, principal, Beverly Center Elementary, Fort Frye Local School District
- Heather Warner, founder of Go Packs (a local nonprofit addressing food insecurity in P-12 students)