Marietta College fraternities recruit each semester. The IFC establishes a structured time for fraternities to begin their recruitment processes each semester, but this only marks the beginning of recruitment. Our chapters are encouraged to recruit members throughout the semester, so interested men can join at any point after the structured process has begun.
IFC Fall Recruitment Schedule
IFC Cookout - Hermann Bowl
IFC - Pizza and Games in the Gathering Place
IFC 4th Street Block Party
IFC Recruitment Kick-Off
IFC Bids Extended
IFC Bids Accepted at Noon
TOP 10 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE JOINING A FRATERNITY
- What is the time commitment?
- What does it cost? Or how much are dues each semester?
- Are there academic requirements for membership, beyond the Greek Life Office at Marietta College? What is the GPA requirement for initiation?
- What is the chapter’s stance on Hazing? 1-800-NOT-HAZE is a national hotline to report acts of hazing if you see or experience any type of hazing.
- How long is the new member education period? What is involved in the new member education process?
- Besides chapter meetings and social events what else are members expected to participate in each semester?
- How will the Fraternity help me both in school and once I graduate?
- What scholarship opportunities exist in the chapter and through the (Inter)-National HQ, to help me pay for college/membership?
- What makes the Fraternity special or unique on this campus? What’s the history of this organization?
- What do I have to offer a Fraternity that will add value to the organization I join?
For questions regarding IFC Recruitment contact: Patrick Taylor – VP of IFC Recruitment at email@example.com or Robert Marias – Greek Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org