Once an application is completed and verified through CASPA, it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee to select applicants for interviews.
- Interviews are conducted in October, November and January each year.
- Applicants who would like to be considered for "early" interviews (October/November) must have their CASPA application completed and verified by August 1 of the application year.
Offers of admission will be extended approximately two (2) weeks after each interview day and are based on evaluation of the following factors:
- Academic preparation
- Letters of recommendation
- Motivation, maturity, ability to work with people
- Knowledge of the PA profession
- Overall ability to succeed in the Marietta College Physician Assistant Program
Students not offered a seat in the Program after interviews may be placed on the waitlist. The waitlist is activated as necessary when an accepted student declines their seat. The waitlist remains active until the first week of classes. Waitlisted applicants who are not offered a seat by the first week of classes, will not be considered for admission without re-application to the Program through CASPA.
Final acceptance will depend on results of the following:
- Payment of $1,000 non-refundable acceptance deposit. This fee will not be refunded for students who withdraw from the Program.
- Criminal background check
- Health screening
- Immunization requirements
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of completion for any outstanding pre-requisites
- Proof of conferred degree
Further questions may be addressed to the PA Program office at 740.376.4458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.