We welcome your application to Marietta. We offer two separate admission programs – Early Action and Rolling. Under Early Action, students apply by November 1st, receive an admission decision on November 15th. Rolling Admission starts after Early Action. Under Rolling, we will begin sending decisions on January 15th, and on a daily basis thereafter. Further, students usually receive a decision under Rolling admission within three weeks.
Neither Early Action nor Rolling Admission requires a commitment before May 1st.
Please read this entire page carefully before submitting your application.
- Application Form. You may apply using the Marietta on-line application or the "The Common Application," (If you prefer a paper application, download Marietta's Freshman Application Form (PDF).
- An official high school transcript sent from your school.
- Guidance Counselor Report Form. Fill in the top portion of the Guidance Counselor Report before giving it to your guidance or college counselor. He or she should complete and return this report directly to Marietta College along with your Secondary School Transcript. A letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor can also be submitted in lieu of the guidance counselor recommendation form
- Essay. Marietta requires a personal statement as part of your application. Choose the question you find most intriguing. If possible, you should type your essay (a maximum of 250 words).
- Why are you considering Marietta College?
- Is there anything about you that you would like us to know that doesn’t come through on your application or transcript?
- What was the best day of your life and why?
- Although we would prefer that you write on one of the options above, you may submit a recent, graded paper submitted for a class. (There is no penalty for choosing this option.)
- Admission Tests. You are required to submit your results from the ACT or SAT.
- Teacher Evaluation (optional). Complete the top portion of the evaluation form (PDF), and give it to a teacher who has taught you in an academic subject during your junior or senior year. If you wish to submit another recommendation from a teacher, coach, or club adviser, you may do so.