The Career Center at Marietta College assists employers in the global marketplace by providing:
- Resources to help them achieve their organizational hiring needs
- Access to qualified and prepared students and alumni.
Campus Recruiting Services
Throughout the year, Career Services arranges for organizations to visit campus in a number of different settings.
- Showcases allow companies to share employment and company information while hosting a table at the Gilman Student Center concourse, the hub of campus activity.
- Info-sessions allow organizations to share career, company, and specific position information with Marietta College students.
- On-Campus Interviews allow organizations to interview students for part-time, full-time and internship positions.
- Résumé Referrals allow employers to post job openings and collect Marietta students’ resumes without having to visit campus.
- Career Fairs allow recruiters to promote opportunities in a networking style event.
Interested in sponsoring an event or service to establish your brand on campus? Contact us today!
Employer Guide to Recruiting Services
Marietta College Internship Program
Internships are designed to help students further develop their professional skills while exploring career options.
Organizations can benefit by having a highly motivated and competent employee who has a fresh viewpoint to share.
- Develop a position description. Assess the needs of the department and identify meaningful work that will help the student learn more about the industry, the job, and professionalism.
- Determine how much time will be needed to successfully accomplish the mission of the job. If more time is needed than one student can give, consider having more than one intern.
- Select the Intern Supervisor. Identify someone who needs the added worker, but who will also be committed to training and supervising the student.
The Internship Program (PDFs)
Employer's Guide to Developing an Internship Program with MC
Internship Contacts at Marietta College
Legal & Ethical Hiring Practices
Guidelines to Completing a Successful Internship revised Fall 2014.
Mid term Evaluation – The Career Center will email the employer's designated site supervisor a link to complete a survey monkey intern evaluation. Site supervisors may also receive a separate FINAL evaluation from the student's academic department.