There is something special about Marietta College. It’s a distinct feeling you get as soon as you step on campus that lasts a lifetime. It’s hard to describe, but can be attributed to the incredible, supportive community all over campus and throughout The Long Blue Line.
Marietta relies on its alumni to help keep this feeling alive by asking them to give back their Time, Talent and Treasure. Can we count on you to help?
- Volunteer – Become active with your local Regional Association, help plan your class reunion, talk to the Alumni Office about serving on the MCAA Board of Directors or Board of Trustees.
- Participate – Attend events and programs on campus or held by your Regional Association, participate in Doo Dah Day Everywhere, come back for Homecoming annually, join the online book club.
- Advocate – Refer a future Pioneer, introduce MC to your network, share your #Luv4MC during #MCGivesLuv, display your Pioneer pride with MC gear.
- Stay informed – Regularly update your contact information, follow Marietta College and the Alumni Association on social media, read the monthly eTrailblazer and other emails, read and submit life updates or success stories to Marietta: The Magazine of Marietta College, check out Marietta.edu on occasion, join the Marietta College Alumni group on Facebook.
- Identify opportunity – Create or identify job, internship or volunteer opportunities and work with the Career Center or Office of Civic Engagement to offer them to fellow Pioneers.
- Share expertise – Whether it’s in-person or virtually, you can speak to a class, host a workshop, take part in a panel, mentor a student or give advice when a Phonathon student calls.
- Offer services – Leverage your skill set to help students or further advance the mission of the College.
- Contribute consistently – Donate to The Marietta Fund or the program you’re most passionate about annually – regardless of how small or large the contribution.
- Leave a Legacy – Make a planned gift such as including Marietta in your estate plans or setting up a gift annuity, make a gift in honor or memory of someone, endow a faculty position or create a named scholarship or other named fund.
There are other opportunities available as well! If you have something specific you’d like to do, let us know.
If you have any questions on how to be involved, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Marietta College Office of Alumni Engagement
215 5th St. Marietta, OH 45750