The Referral Process
- Student is nominated by a Marietta alumna/us.
- Nominated student will receive a $1,000 award each year, for four years, if they enroll at Marietta.
- The student can be nominated by multiple alumni but they are limited to one $1,000 award.
- Nominations are accepted for middle school and high school students at all grade levels. Each year, seniors in high school have to be nominated by December 15.
- Students cannot be nominated by their parents.
How to Submit a Referral
Nomination is done online at apply.marietta.edu/register/alumni_referral_form
What Happens After a Referral is Received
- If nominated student is not in Slate (Marietta’s CRM system), they are loaded into the system as an inquiry.
- If nominated student is already in Slate, a contact code is added to their record.
- Each nominated student receives a mailing to let them know they have been nominated, who nominated them and a certificate to acknowledge the award they will receive if they enroll at Marietta.
- If a student is nominated again by another alumna/us, a new mailing is sent out acknowledging the additional nomination, clarifying the details of the scholarship and with a new certificate.
- Alumni Nominator
- Nominator sent confirmation email.
- When nominated student applies, nominator will be notified by email.
- When nominated student is accepted, nominator will be notified by email.
- If nominated student is denied admission, nominator will be called by Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- When nominated student deposits, nominator will be notified by email.
- Admission Counselor
- Nominated student becomes a hot inquire and is contacted via email, text or phone within 48 hours of being nominated.