The Business & Economics Department's internship program is designed to enrich the educational experience of students by placing them into a business environment. This environment provides practical experience in the student's field of interest along with an opportunity to observe and apply concepts learned in the classroom.
Students wishing to receive academic credit for their internships should follow these steps:
- Review the overall internship guidelines and information for Marietta College here. Business and Economics students seeking internship credit have unique assignments to complete. Review the internship guidelines and requirements for the B&E Department assignments here. After the student reviews the guidelines and requirements, if there are questions, contact Professor Rick Smith.
- After reviewing the requirements, students now need to seek approval of the internship. First, complete and submit the internship proposal through the online system College Central Network. The proposal will be automatically submitted for approval to Professor Rick Smith. You will be notified if it is approved or needs revisions. The online form requires information including but not limited to:
- Number of credits the student is seeking for the internship
- Contact information and signature of the internship supervisor (who the student’s supervisor will be at the internship)
- Bulletpoint/listing of duties
- Goals and expected learning outcomes
- After the proposal is approved, next the student must complete a learning agreement that outlines the expectations, job duties, etc. To electronically submit the learning agreement, click the link below to submit your internship agreement for registration with the Records Office. The internship cannot start until the learning agreement is approved by Marietta College.
Submit Experiential Learning Agreement via the College Central Network Site
- After step 2 and 3 have been approved, the internship may begin
For more information on internships and other career services, please visit the Marietta College Career Center.
For further information contact the B&E Department Internship Director: