The purpose of the Communication Resource Center (CRC) is to enhance oral communication knowledge and skills for all Marietta College students.
Students can sign up for free face-to-face peer coaching in one-on-one or group sessions. Communication Assistants (CAs) offer peer coaching primarily in the development of the following:
- a clear central message for oral presentations
- organization of information
- appropriate and effective language use
- quality research and use of supporting material
- dynamic delivery
CAs can offer support in preparing oral presentations for a variety of academic and professional endeavors including:
- individual and group speeches for class
- conference presentations
- capstone and internship presentations
- speech competitions
Through our English Conversation Partners Program, students can make appointments to practice English conversation skills with a peer coach including:
- how to talk about certain topics
- pronunciation and fluency
- nonverbal communication (eye contact, etc.)
The CRC provides professional presentation poster design advice, computers for researching and organizing speech information, video cameras for recording and viewing speech rehearsals, and a quiet space for writing speeches or studying.
Sign up for an appointment time for peer coaching using the “Schedule Appointment” button in the banner above.
Director: Dr. Alane Sanders
Location: Mills Hall 205