The purpose of the Communication Resource Center (CRC) is to enhance oral communication knowledge and skills for all Marietta College students.
Students can sign up for free face-to-face peer coaching in one-on-one or group sessions. Communication Assistants (CAs) offer peer coaching primarily in the development of the following:
- a clear central message for oral presentations
- organization of information
- appropriate and effective language use
- quality research and use of supporting material
- dynamic delivery
CAs can offer support in preparing oral presentations for a variety of academic and professional endeavors including:
- individual and group speeches for class
- conference presentations
- capstone and internship presentations
- speech competitions
The CRC provides computers for researching and organizing speech information, video cameras for recording and viewing speech rehearsals, and a quiet space for writing speeches or studying.
Sign up for an appointment time for peer coaching using the banner link above.
Director: Dr. Alane Sanders
Location: Mills Hall 205