Welcome to Our Highly Recognized Teacher Education Program.
Based on the performance of our current and former students and our innovative approaches to preparing teachers, Marietta College has been recognized by the Ohio Board of Regents as one of Ohio’s top teacher preparation programs. We offer nationally recognized programs at all grade levels that meet rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). We are committed to providing our teacher education students with the experiences that will prepare them to be educator leaders in their schools through developing professional relationships that enable collaboration with colleagues, families, communities, and professional organizations for the purpose of facilitating student learning.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation Program (CAEP) Approved Programs
Marietta College offers initial preparation programs at the undergraduate level in each of the following areas:
- Special Education/Elementary Dual Preparation-This program leads to an Ohio Primary license (general education, grades PreK-5) and Intervention Specialist (grades PreK-grade 5)
- Middle Childhood/Special Education Dual Preparation-This program leads to an Ohio Middle Childhood license in 2 content areas (grades 4-9 in Math/Science or grades 4-9 in Language Arts/Social Studies) AND Intervention Specialist (grades 4-9)
- Adolescence to Young Adult-This program leads to an Ohio Adolescence to Young Adult (grades 7-12) license in one of the following content areas:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Music Education-This program leads to an Ohio Music Education license (grades K-12)
Interested in learning more? You can also apply online today!
Effective teaching skills, a high level of content knowledge in discipline areas, efficacy by believing all students can learn, and an understanding and respect for student diversity.
As change agents who are willing to try new approaches to solve problems and willing to challenge the status quo in their schools and classrooms.
In reflective practice, including the ability to reflect on their own teaching performance, student learning, and critical issues in education.
Educator Preparation Quality and Performance Measures
- Ohio Metrics 2021 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2020 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2019 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2018 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2017 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2016 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2015 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2014 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2013 Report (PDF)
- Ohio Metrics 2012 Report (PDF)